Throughout 2020 we will be running a competition for our most improved MX Endurance members.
We will be awarding a most improved award for:
The main purpose of this competition is to encourage all MX Endurance members to remain consistent and see improvement in their results.
The competition requires every athlete who wants to participate to complete a benchmark test. For existing MX members, this will need to be completed in February 2020. For all new MX members, your benchmark tests will need to be completed within one month of when you sign up.
These tests are:
- 5km best effort run (3.1 miles)
- 40km best effort ride (24.85 miles)
- 1km best effort swim (0.62 miles)
These tests can be completed on a treadmill, on a track, on your trainer, in a velodrome, in the pool or open water. They can be during a race, with a group or by yourself – whatever you have available to you.
There will also be a mandatory session every month that you must do in order to remain eligible for the prize. These will be posted at the start of the month and you will have the entire month to complete the sessions. Where possible, a Garmin or Zwift file will be made available to help make the session as easy to follow as possible. The intention here is that no matter what phase of your training you are in, you will be able to complete the sessions. At the end of the year we will set another benchmark session which you will need to complete again.
You can choose to participate in one, two or all of the competitions. It is up to you!
It is important to note, there is no way for us to ensure the exact same conditions for each person. This competition also relies on a level of honesty from each and every member. If your Garmin is not properly calibrated, or you roll down a 40km hill or swim with a significant current behind you, please do not use that as a benchmark.
- You must be a member of the MX Endurance Strava Group to enter and you must have MX after your Strava user name.
- You must have connected your Strava account to our system via your profile on https://mxendurance.com/profile Please note: all MX Members need to reconnect their Strava Account
- You must tag your test and monthly workout on Strava using #mx2020
- You must upload your test sessions (1km swim, 5km run, 40km bike) as seperate sessions with no warm up or cool down. If you do them during a session, make them a seperate file.
- These test sessions must be GARMIN ACCURATE Sorry if your local parkrun isn't measuring exactly 5km, you need to hit those distances on your garmin for them to be valid.
- The monthly workouts need to be validated by a screen shot of the workout being posted on the relevant feed in the MX Group. These posts will be marked as announcements.
- To be eligible for the prize you must be a current member at the time of the prize announcement.
- You must complete the monthly session within the calendar month and post a screen shot of your Strava workout on the relevant post within the MX Endurance Facebook group
If you have any questions please contact us at [email protected]
These rules are subject to change.